Wednesday, September 23, 2015

4 Weeks

This week Clara turned four weeks on Monday and one month on Thursday. Where has the time gone? It feels like time is starting to fly. The more comfortable I get handling two kids the faster the days go, which is good and bad :). Days like Saturday when Clara is in a growth spurt, eating all day and catnapping, with a cranky Cedric are the worst. Then I'll have a good day, like yesterday, when everyone eats and sleeps and I think, please stop growing up.


Cedric really likes Clara, still wants to hold her and play with her. He makes sure she always gets a hug and kiss from Mommy and Daddy if he gets one and wants her to be included in his daily routine (like meal and bed times). He has been less worried this week and I think I figured out why - sleep. I think he's been waking up really early, which has made him really cranky. I'm the same way (which can create a perfect storm).  When he gets a good night sleep we rarely have problems. It's hard to have two kids at home but I'm figuring it out. Now if I could only find my pump maybe I could get out of the house for a margarita!


Clara is doing well. She's really losing the yellow look now and plumping out to a cute little baby. Here she is in one of the 3 month outfits I thought would fit her by now. Obviously, she's still a little peanut but I can tell she is growing. Personally, I like that she is staying a smaller longer than Cedric did. I'm trying to savor my newborn moments before they are gone! 


 Clara is still a good sleeper (except during a growth spurt) and nurser. She is complaining less at bath time and diaper changes but still doesn't like lotion. I just think she doesn't like to be cold. She is tolerating being set down for a few minutes at a time now. Cedric likes to help me "watch" her. He still wants to play with her and gets sad when she just wants to eat rather than lay on the floor and be poked. She isn't a fan of the carseat or the swaddle, it's like she didn't get the memo that newborns are supposed to enjoy being all bundled up. She loves to burp and toot and is getting a little less poopy in her "old age". 



Here are two sets of photos: Clara on the left and Cedric on the right. I think they are looking very similar right now!



 On Sunday Clara met her Grand- Grandma Damhorst. She turned 96 in August, a good month to be born! 


And here is the photo proof that, though things are going really well, we really don't have it all together all the time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin