Wednesday, October 7, 2015

6 Weeks!

Clara is 6 weeks old! The time is flying, I can hardly believe she is halfway through the newborn stage! Here are her stats:

Height: 22 inches - 66%
Weight: 9 lbs 12 oz - 48%
Head circ: 14.75 in - 42%



So she is a bit smaller than Cedric but I don't mind. I'm loving my little peanut, she is so cute!  And it is nice to actually use outfits more than once. Clara is eating well so I'm not concerned with her growth being normal :).  We moved her to her own room this week. I wasn't really ready but Bob has been setting his alarm (and occasionally snoring) so it is for the best. Clara sleeps well at night, around 4.5-6 hours, then feeds and sleeps for 1.5-2 hour blocks the rest of the night. During the day she takes cat naps and naps on the go most of the day. I'm trying to be flexible and not worry like I did for Cedric. I'm sure as she gets older I'll get crazy about it again.  



Life with two kids has been fun and challenging but overall we are more laid back this time. We take Clara out with us and really haven't had to change our routines that much yet. She is a lighter sleeper, similar to Cedric, and is doesn't have a set routine but is still fairly flexible. We just have to do our errands and eat our food really quickly. 


This week I took the two kids to Target by myself. We couldn't get everything on my list but we got the important stuff!



As far as milestones are concerned, we have been hitting some major ones lately. Clara started smiling this weekend. I would get her to look at my blank face then I'd give her a huge smile and she would smile back. It is really cute, though I haven't gotten a good picture yet. Below is sort of a smile she gave while playing dress up for our family photos last week. 



 We've been trying to spend more time on her play mat. I realized that she spends most of the day being held or in a seat and if I ever want her to crawl she is going to need to practice. She has rolled a few times from front to back but she was on a belly or was propped up. She has been swiping at the toys hanging on the mat a little too.  



Cedric has been very helpful, especially when it comes to playing with Clara. He asks daily to play with her and will bring out her toys and mats. He's encourages her during her play sessions and likes to hold her while he watches Curious George.


I'm excited for Clara to get a bit bigger but I'm sad that she is growing up so fast. She's a great baby! 


I'm glad that Cedric has been so accepting of Clara. He loves her a lot and I have a feeling Clara is going to love him a lot too. She is definitely going to love following her big brother's lead. 


3 comments:

  1. Lauren gave me little 0-3 month onesies and pants and I thought NO WAY, our little girl will never be this small. But Clara is looking darling, and I assume, still wearing that size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is still wearing 0-3 month clothes and 3 month in some brands. You should keep ahold of those smaller outfits as your baby will probably wear them for at least a week. Just like adult clothes, every store runs a bit different in size. I find the fancier the clothes the bigger they run. I like it when the companies post the weight and length their size is for on the tag. And if you have a 10 lb baby they lose up to 10% of their weight the first few days, so will be small for a little while. Cedric grew at an amazing rate and was in 6 month clothing by 4-5 weeks. I wouldn't buy much newborn stuff, wait and see how your baby comes out. Same goes with newborn diapers, buy the size one (they will give you a free pack of newborns at the hospital and I think Cedric only wore those for 5 days). Ask your parents about your birth weights as that can give a good indication of what you will be dealing with, it was for us!

      Congrats on the girl!

      Delete
    2. I came back and read this! It's very helpful to know! THANK YOU!

      Delete

LinkWithin