Wednesday, September 2, 2015

One Week!

Clara has been with us for a week now and we couldn't be happier with our little baby!


Her stats her 5 day appointment:
Weight - 7 lbs 14 oz - 54%
Length - 20.02 cm - 62%
Head - 13.75 cm - 45%

Clara is a little smaller than Cedric, she's still in newborn diapers and actually wearing newborn clothes. I'm not sure how much longer the newborn things will last but I like it. She is such a cute little thing!  

She had her first outing to the doctor on day 2, then went to the library and Panera on day 3 and the grocery store on day 7. It is amazing to me because we struggled to get Cedric out of the house and here we are - toting Clara all over town! She's not a big fan of the carseat, I think she is still a little on the small side to enjoy it. 


Clara isn't much of a crier, so far. She likes to grunt and snort when getting frustrated. When she does cry she sounds like a velociraptor, high pitched and screechy.


Right now she is our little potato. She sleeps most of the day and wakes only to feed. I actually have been waking her to feed occasionally - which is amazing to me. She's not a perfect sleeper but she seems much better than Cedric. I think we are doing a better job of leaving her alone and letting her sleep, not picking her up with every noise or frown. We are only waking up about 3 times a night. I think it helps that my milk came in quickly so she didn't have to be uncomfortable for long.  


We gave Clara her first bath on Sunday. She'd been complaining a lot during diaper changes and so I figured she'd be bothered by the bath. She wasn't happy about being wet but didn't completely flip out. 



Clara has a very expressive face. It's pretty easy to tell when she is getting frustrated, hungry or sleepy. Bob caught a few cute ones, the classic gassy smile and yawn. 


Cedric loves his new sister. He gets very excited when she is awake, wanting to hold her and talk to her. 


His favorite thing to do is touch her cheek. "Can I touch her?" 



Cedric likes to have his photo taken with Clara. We've actually given him control over an old digital camera and he's been taking lots of photos of her (and everything else in the house). 


 I'm anxious to see what kind of personality she will have and what kind of eater/sleeper she will be but I also am a little sad every day that she has to grow up. I love my little newborn girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin