Monday, September 7, 2015

Two Weeks!

Little Clara is two weeks old today, it's amazing how time flies! 


We spent the week with Grammy and Grandpa. They were very happy to meet Clara and play with Cedric. Cedric found an old digital camera and has been helping us take photos! He's not too bad when the flash is on. 


Clara loves being held. It calms her down and helps her sleep when she is getting fussy. She doesn't get fussy often though, she's a fairly calm baby. I shouldn't even say fussy, it's more frustrated :).




Cedric loves holding Clara and gets happy when she is awake enough to "play" with. I think she is looking like a mix of Cedric and baby Christina. A little less Bob than baby Cedric. 



Cedric is being a great big brother. He's doing well understanding that the baby needs help and food from mommy. He worries when she is crying and is working on being quieter when she is sleeping. He asks about her when she isn't in the room and makes sure we are bringing her with us when we leave the house. He is still quick to meltdown though, usually for small reasons or when we have changes in our normal routine (which is all the time). 


Sometimes I get to cuddle the little girl too! Actually, I get the most cuddles but they are rarely photographed. I've bounced back really quickly this time and I'm already forgetting pregnancy. Was it really that bad? Sure the first trimester I had all-day sickness but was it just worse because Bob was working in NYC during the week and we had all those blizzards? The second and third trimesters were pretty easy. No real heart burn, just a few weeks of indigestion. No back or hip pain. Fewer nerves. I even slept better. Now, two weeks later things are almost completely back to normal. Good thing too, with two kids I've needed to be on my feet! 


I bought some clothes for Clara when I found out she was a girl back in the spring. Of course, she is a little smaller than I thought she'd be and the weather is getting a little cooler next week so this week has been a bit of a fashion show. She has been wearing newborn clothes and diapers for two weeks. I just moved her to size one diapers because I didn't want to buy newborns anymore and have put on a few 3 month outfits, so they don't go to waste. They really aren't all that big on her so she must be growing!



Cedric has been enjoying "tummy time" with Clara. We started getting out her toys and mat so she can get some proper play time during the day. This week she's been waking up more and so we've been trying to engage her between naps. Sometimes I worry we are overstimulating her, resulting in poor naps (or no nap) after. 


 She seems to be a "witching hour" baby. She doesn't cry in the evenings but she definitely wants to be held and fed She may or may not nod off for a few cat naps but it seems the whole evening, maybe 5ish to 9 or so it's party time. She's been great about sleeping the rest of the day. Her night time sleep has been about ideal. She usually does one large sleep, close to 4 hours, then will sleep in two hour blocks for the rest of the night. Somedays I'll take a nap at Cedric's nap time but I don't always need it. It's been really nice. So I'm trying not to worry too much about the long period of awake time in the evening. As long as she keeps this night sleeping up, I really can't complain!


We've been getting out of the house a fair amount. She went to the grocery store a few times and to her first Mexican restaurant. 


We've been enjoying our little girl very much, I'm a little sad she has to grow up at all.  The last of the flowers have wilted so it's back to the real world and time to establish our new daily life.  This is going to be our first week just the three of us and I'm happy we can start to establish our new "normal" routine. We can't wait to see what she will be like this next week! 


 Clara: "No more pictures please"



1 comment:

LinkWithin