Saturday, September 1, 2012

Two Weeks

It has been two weeks of life for Cedric and I'm already wondering where my little newborn has gone. He seems to be growing in size and awareness daily, we upgraded to size 1 diapers last Monday and even put him in one of his 3 month onesies today. He definitely looks like a cute chubby baby, his arms and torso have started filling out. 

Cedric is doing really well and I'm so happy to have my little boy. He loves to grunt, especially when swaddled. It is his preferred method of communication, even over crying. Oh he will let out a wail if really unhappy but usually grunting gets the point across.  He is gaining more control over his head every day and feels very strong when trying to fight a clothing change. Bob and I crack up when we set him down and his falling reflex makes him flail his arms. He has started to grab onto things, like my shirt or his blanket, though I don't think he means to.  He still loves his hand to be near his face but does a pretty good job of keeping his fingers out of his mouth. He hasn't taken to a pacifier yet but he may need to learn soon to help us soothe his nerves. So far his favorite place relax is in our arms. He gets worked up over gas and likes to bounce around to help alleviate the issue. Cedric is starting to figure out the difference between night and day, though last night we had a bit of a set back. He was up so much last night but I think he just wanted to be held. 




I have been trying to get Cedric used to moving around, we have been going on at least one outing a day for the past week. I did walk Cedric and Siena on my own for the first time on Thursday and it went pretty well. Luckily I have a baby that can sleep in a stroller! Also I am lucky that the weather has improved, it has bee in the mid 70's all week. 


Speaking of Siena, she has been doing really well with the baby. She knows she isn't allowed to get too close and she is much less alarmed by the crying and noise. After my parents left she seemed a bit confused that the baby stayed but we've been trying to get her back in her old routine to help keep her calm. She does seem a little low energy around the house and I don't know if it is because Bob has been exercising her more or if she is a little depressed. I know she can't be completely happy about all of this but I do think she's been handing it better than we expected. If only she could see the future, I know that as soon as Cedric starts dropping solid food all over the place that they will become the best of friends. 

Here are a few more photos of our sweet baby. We are very happy to have the three day weekend to have some quality family time!







2 comments:

LinkWithin