Saturday, August 25, 2012

Week One

I can't believe it has already been a week since I gave birth to little Cedric, it seems like time is flying by! 

Here we are leaving the hospital on Monday. Since I had him so late on Friday we were given an extra day at the hospital, which was nice. Here are two new parents, scared and elated - tired and excited. 


When we arrived home I went in first to say hello to Siena (and try to calm her down), then Bob brought up Cedric. We kept him in his car seat for the introduction, though Siena was mostly just happy to see Bob. Over the following days Siena has calmed down and is coping with the new noises and smells. The first 24 hours she was very concerned about every noise, every movement. 


I feel very fortunate to live in the age of the digital photograph. I am loving taking as many pictures and video as I want. I won't post the videos until there is something to watch. Right now they are mostly shots of him hiccuping or just moving around. We love the alert moments he has! Here are some photos from the week of Cedric being the most adorable baby ever :)




Tummy Time, Can you believe this baby is only 5 days old?


Milk Coma
Oh yes, sometimes he is cranky, especially when we change his clothes, diaper, or lay him down when he is wide awake.  

My dad arrived on Friday, joining my mom who arrived last Sunday. Lucky for him the Royals are in town to play a four game series against the Red Sox :)





Today we ran our first errand, a quick stop at the grocery store.


Here is the new family, we are so happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin