Thursday, August 9, 2012

Anniversary Events

The last week in July Bob and I had a great weekend celebrating our 6 year wedding anniversary by going out on the town. 

First was the Liverpool v. Roma football match at Fenway Park. We were alerted to this event by our good friend James who is an immense Liverpool fan. We purchased tickets ages ago and were very glad we did as prices went up quite high and the game was sold out. Apparently the owners of the Red Sox also own Liverpool. 


This was just an off season match up, so the game was fairly relaxed. Liverpool had the most fan support, though that didn't help them win the game. It definitely wasn't the traditional European football atmosphere we've heard so much about but it was fun to watch. I much preferred the live setting. Bob still isn't too keen on soccer but he did ask me to buy the tickets back in April, so there is some curiosity there. 



On Saturday we went to the Boston Opera House. We have purchased season tickets to Broadway in Boston this year (it was the only way to get a ticket to The Book of Mormon) and were offered free tickets to the matinee performance of Billy Elliot. 


Here I am 36 or so weeks pregnant. You know you are getting big when people start asking to help you up and down the stairs. I am fairly clumsy but I've still been doing a lot of walking with the dog so I feel pretty fit. The Opera House is beautiful, much different than the art deco Music Hall in KC. The musical was okay, nothing to write home about. 

As a special treat we stopped by my new favorite shop Saus. 


Saus is a Belgian street food shop selling pomme frites and waffles near Government Center/Faneuil Hall. They have a few other items but I'm really there for the waffles. The fries are good too, they have 10-15 different sauces you can pick for dipping as well as the oh so yummy poutine option. But the waffles . . . they seriously are as good as you'll find in Brussels - crispy outside and the fluffy inside. I know I'm pregnant and my tastes have changed a bit but I've loved a good Belgian waffle ever since I had my first with my good friend Lindsay in 2005 and I doubt my love of Saus will dwindle anytime soon!

1 comment:

  1. How have you been married six years!? Where did the time go. And I want a waffle now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin