Thursday, July 26, 2012

The difference 10 weeks can make . . .

Pregnancy lasts 40 weeks and it is amazing how much things change from month to month. It has seemed like it has taken forever to get here but so far I've been blessed with a fairly easy pregnancy. I've not been afflicted by many of the undesirable symptoms and I really appreciate that - thanks body. Oh I've been very tired at times, had days when my back was not happy and felt like my sinus's were going to explode but all in all I really feel like I can't complain. 

Here I am at 26 weeks at the Public Gardens in Boston. Back then people used to ask "How far along are you?".  I was being approached by more people than normal, it seemed lots of people like to talk to random pregnant ladies. They usually made some polite small talk and then went on there way.



Here I am at 35 weeks. Funny, I felt very pregnant and large at 26 weeks. Obviously I'm much larger 10 weeks later but I didn't really notice it until I picked up on the change in the conversations I was having with random people.  Now they ask "How much longer do you have?" and "When is the baby due?". I must look close to being "done". Before I thought that lots of people were bringing up my pregnancy but now it is every person I encounter. The bank teller, people on the T, the check out girl at the grocery store, etc. 




I am starting to feel ready for this little guy to arrive. I've switched from pregnancy to infant care books and have been purchasing new clothes for my new job as Chief Nourishment Officer.  I soon will be practicing my dog walking skills with an empty stroller. Though I probably will take a few weeks off while everyone gets settled into this new life, I am hoping to be back walking around the neighborhood soon. We live in an area with great sidewalks and parks, I'd really like to take advantage of the outdoors and the exercise before the winter comes. I'm already getting nervous about the cold.


Here is a great photo of us after dinner with Sol, Rachel and crew. We were able to meet up with them and two of their Boston friends as they drove to New Hampshire for a family vacation. It was good to see them, I'm hoping our new location brings many more visitors!

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted on the baby's status as things progress!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the stroller and dog--I hope Siena is better than Copper! We've NEVER been able to do it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin