Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Meet Cedric!

Hello all!

We have had a fantastic weekend at the hospital, welcoming our little boy Cedric Elwin Podany to the world!

Cedric arrived on Friday, August 17th at 10:41 PM after 7 hours of labor, 5 of which were at the hospital. When he decided it was time to come, he sure wasn't messing around! Here are the stats:

Weight: 8 lbs 11 oz
Length: 21.5 cm
Head: 34 cm
Eyes: Baby dark blue
Hair: light brown
Lungs: Well developed. Once delivered he spent the first 10 minutes of life screaming. I wasn't bothered at all, it was the best sound in the world!

After they did his tests and wrapped him up he was much happier. Here we are enjoying our first calm moments together. He seemed so alert and was so big! This is my combo super in love/ super shocked face. I was definitely in some kind of shock for the first hour, everything happened so fast!







Here is the proud dad. We already think he looks more like Bob than me, he seems to have Bob's dimples and general features. His lips have the same shape as mine, so I know I'll be represented in more than just his stats (apparently I was an 8 lb 12 oz, 20.75 in baby). 


Here is little Cedric being calm and alert while wearing his monster hat. He is definitely going to be dressed in some awesome outfits in the future!


My mom flew in on Sunday to help us get settled in to life with a baby. She is very happy to finally be a Grammie!


We are so happy to have out little man, though I'm already worried about him growing up. Please stay my sweet little baby as long as possible Cedric!




3 comments:

  1. It is killing me not to come be able to hold him. HE IS SO CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Christina! He is adorable and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable and you both look so happy! Congratulations!! I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin