Monday, September 10, 2012

Week 3

I can't believe Cedric is 3 weeks old already, though in a way it feels like he has always been here. Today I packed away his newborn clothes as he is fully in 3 month and over outfits. We have also moved to size 2 diapers already. At his weight check last Wednesday (Aug 5th) he was already 10 lbs 5 oz! The doctor was happy with the gain and congratulated me. I am breastfeeding the little man and let him decide when he is hungry. Most days he seems to want to eat all evening long! Turns out this shouldn't have been a surprise, Bob was a fast growing child. Last night he told me that in the 6th grade he was already 6 feet tall! So with my birth size and Bob's fast growing genes, we may have a giant baby on our hands! 


Cedric is starting to become more predictable. He sleeps around the same times every day and night. The longest block of sleep usually starts around 9:30 and lasts 3.5-5 hours, so I am going to bed pretty early nowadays. I need to start napping more during the day though. It is just too tempting to get stuff done around the house. We also get out of the house at least once a day, usually for a walk with the dog and some days a short trip to the grocery store.  There is another nap or two where I'm not napping - oh well. 


I'm trying to avoid photos of Cedric in his birthday suit but he was just too cute in his bath tub the other day. Yesterday we gave him his first bath without the newborn sling and he sat happily in a little bit of warm water. It made the bathing experience much more enjoyable for him. He fought the first few baths but we figured out he really hates getting cold.

                        


Isn't he just the cutest little boy? I love the monster outfits from Carter's - the one above says "Mommy's Little Monster" - adorable! We decided that monsters, dinosaurs and green animals are Cedric's favorite themes. Basically, the sillier the better!

In other news, we have nice cable now and were able to watch the KU game on Saturday! Sad that the team choked at the end, but it has been so long since we've seen a game it was still fun to watch. I was so excited I put on regular clothes and they fit! 



I love Baby Jay and will be dressing Cedric up in awesome KU gear for a long time. There are some great photos of baby Christina in KU shirts, we Masons start the brainwashing young! 

Thanks for checking the blog! I'm going to try and post weekly as it is a good reminder for me to download my photos to the computer. Keep an eye on facebook for more photos!



1 comment:

  1. Aw, I love the monster onesie! I'm working on a monster party he can have when he turns one! I do not like the Jayhawk onesie. I'll send him a Wildcat one so the other babies will stop making fun of him.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin