Saturday, September 22, 2012

5 Weeks old!


Cedric is growing so fast. There have been some changes lately.  He has been getting fussier in the evenings, which the doctor says will peak in the next week or two, but when he is calm he is such a sweet baby. He is pretty gassy and loves it when we bounce him on a yoga ball. It really helps calm him down in the evenings. 

He is holding his head up really well and prefers being in an upright or standing position. Today he was especially sturdy. I think he was trying to impress his dad. We got out the bumbo seat for the first time and he seemed a little confused but okay. He loves to look around, especially to watch the light come through the windows. Really, any bright light is fascinating to him. He enjoys kicking his feet and throwing his body around. We have to watch out for him trying to launch himself off our shoulders or knees. He occasionally will suck on his fingers and is very close to smiling. I think he will be smiling at us any day now.



Today we went to our first "sit down" meal out. We meant to go while Cedric was sleeping but we had a few errands to run and I ended up having to wake him up to eat. He was wide awake but fairly quite and we found ways to keep him happy. Though it wasn't how we planned I think it gave us more confidence to go out more. 



Cedric is losing some of the cute newborn qualities that I loved. He no longer flings his arms about like he is falling and trying to grab onto something when we change his outfit and diaper. I always meant to get a video of it but I never did. He is more sturdy and less limp, much larger and less wrinkly. Though I am missing my little bitty baby I am very excited for the future. Each day I can't wait to see what new things he will do!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin