Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Crawling and General Growing Up

Cedric has been working on crawling pretty seriously over the past two weeks. He is now able to move a few paces forward fairly regularly, enough I finally captured a decent video!


 

It is hard for him to practice on the wood floor, so on warm days we take off his socks and pants to give him more traction. I have foam mats coming in the mail soon, hopefully that will give him a soft place to practice. He also has started trying to pull himself up on me. We practice standing and sitting, he can do both on command. I'm always amazed at how much he understands. He also can lift flaps in his interactive books. Such a smart baby!

Eating has been going well, though he still isn't wanting large volumes of food. I do find we do better with regular "adult" food. That is, food with sugar and salt. I do want him to experience lots of different textures and flavors, so sometimes I bend the rules a little. Two weeks ago we let him taste a pickle and he actually complained when we took it out of his mouth. 


On another note, a Pinkberry opened a new location about 5 minutes away from here. It is going to be a tasty summer!

2 comments:

  1. I would die if I lived that close to a Pinkberry. Die of fatness. Cedric is so big--I can't even believe it! I love those first milestones--so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute baby AND Pinkberry? This post gets two stars.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin