Monday, April 1, 2013

Cedric's First Easter

Yesterday was Cedric's first Easter, complete with his first church service (we kept him with us rather than put him in the nursery) and visit from the Easter Bunny!

Cedric seems to be getting a lot of toys lately, so I don't think he was that enthralled with the basket of new toys. Lucky baby has been spoiled (thanks Grandma Michaelyn)! Here are a few of the choice shots - 



I put coins in the eggs so they would rattle. I then took them out after I realized he could choke on them. Oh well, will save the eggs for next year



Cedric enjoyed the paper "grass" and played with it a bit. I thought he'd tear it up a bit more than this, he basically left it in two large chunks. 


After his morning nap we headed off to church. Cedric was a bit too small for the egg hunts and activities they had planned so we just showed up for the service. I am liking this new church we've been going to, they had lilies and trumpets for Easter :). 

I didn't proof the photos when we took them and my face looks strained in all of them. I think it was the stress of running out the door and the fact I was wearing a skirt for the first time in almost 7 months. I was going to get Cedric more dressed up but weather was much warmer than expected so I kept him casual. 



I meant to get the tripod out for a family photo, but we were all bushed after church and lunch at the new vegetarian restaurant around the corner. For dinner I made my grandma's chicken noodles with homemade egg noodles and Barbara's nutty salad. It used to be called Lori's nutty salad but I never met "Lori" so I used chopped walnuts instead of pecans making it a new recipe and named it after my grandma. It was tasty, as always!

It was a nice weekend but we are very tired today. I need to do a little less cooking everything from scratch on the weekends. It takes up too much of my napping time. Hope you all had a wonderful Easter as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin