Wednesday, April 17, 2013

8 Months!

Cedric is 8 months old today. I'm so amazed at all the little things he can do! It feels like I only just had him some days and like an eternity on others. Today I spoke with a woman at Target who was out with her baby for the first time. Cedric was chilling in his new umbrella stroller and seemed so big. 

Cedric loves playing with his toys. He likes to dig them out of boxes and spread them all over the room. He likes rings, knocking things over and anything with a rattling sound. Cedric is also getting better at pushing buttons. It is cute to watch him figure it out. He gets happy when he realizes he is in control. 


Talking is getting better. He rambles a lot and sometimes I think he is figuring out mama/dada mean something. He still spends a lot of time "roaring". I think he has learned that from the dog. I really think he is trying to speak her language too!


We've moved to two naps and, while he sometimes sneaks in a cat nap due to an early wake up, the firm schedule is helping us a lot. We are able to get out more and make plans. Sunday we took the T to Fenway for lunch. Cedric seemed to enjoy the ride. 



Eating is going well. There are still some foods he won't eat but he is getting better at trying new foods and textures. He likes these rice crackers (Mum-mums) but won't put anything small in his mouth. He has also been doing well with the sippy cup. He doesn't get the idea of tipping it back himself, so he still needs a little help. I feel he is cutting back on the milk in favor of food. I know he doesn't eat as much food as some babies but he is getting the idea. We like to give him tastes of our food whenever we can. He still likes pickles. 


Cedric figured out how to crawl on the wood floor last weekend. Not even 8 months and he was cruising all over the house. Today he followed me from his bedroom to the living room without stopping. It is weird for me to watch him crawl around so much. Where did my baby go? He also pulled himself up on Bob while he was laying on the ground. He seems to want to stand on his own, I don't think walking will be far off. 

All this crawling means he has been a little more cranky in the evenings and much more mischievous. 


It didn't take him long to find the dogs food and water bowls and the stairs. We have to finish baby proofing asap!


Cedric does have his first tooth popping through. I felt it yesterday and it is so sharp! He has been napping poorly the past week or so, I'm hoping it is related to the teething and the crawling. Also, yesterday he was scratching the back of his head, it was so cute!


Keep growing, little man. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin