Wednesday, October 17, 2012

2 Months!


Happy Two Month Birthday Cedric! Or should I call it an anniversary? Anyway, my smiley boy is doing well!


Here are the two month stats:

Head: 40 cm - 75th percentile
Weight: 14 lbs - 95th percentile
Length: 24.5 in - 90th percentile

The three shots went okay and I did get a little teary-eyed when he screamed bloody murder on the final shot. He was SO sad with such big tears in his eyes. After the appointment he slept for a long time (with a milk break of course) and has been super fussy all evening. He didn't get a fever but his legs are very sore, making it difficult for him to get comfortable. I'm hoping the Tylenol helps soon so he can go back to sleep!

The doctor is really happy with his growth and development. He is really getting into his hands, he loves giving the right one a little suck when he is upset, bored or hungry - so most of the time. The right hand was the one up by his face when he was born, so he probably had been sucking on it in the past. 


So far no rolling but he has started scooting around his crib in his sleep. It is funny because he always leaves his hat behind so you can see where he started. 

I also can tell that his vision is improving. He seems to focus on objects farther away and is enjoying colors more. 




Yesterday was a beautiful New England fall day and so we walked Siena to the dog park. On our way back Cedric seemed mesmerized by the trees and his surroundings - I bet we have a little nature lover on our hands!

Over the weekend the temperature dropped a bit and so I bundled Cedric up in a fleece hoodie outfit that happens to have little bear ears and feet. So cute. 



We went out in the cold to check out the Newton Centre Fall Fair. Turns out "Fall Fair" means "small traveling carnival of kiddie rides with no general theme" around here. I was disappointed and have yet to take any cute pumpkin photos. 

This weekend we also went to apply for Cedric's first passport. We are going to Cayman in December :). Here is the first photo attempt. Cedric is not amused.



 I'll leave you with some cute bath time photos of the little man. We are starting to set up a night time routine and he really seems to enjoy the warm bath. 



He can't play in the water yet but he kicks his legs a lot, which generally means he enjoys something. He usually saves the smiles for when he is really happy. To get him to smile I usually have to sing something silly and he's started to mouth along with me. One day it sounded like he was trying to make sounds to sing along. I may be getting ahead of myself. 

1 comment:

  1. I love several things about this - that he is big and healthy, not impressed and WEARS A BEAR SUIT. That was the best invention for babies ever.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin