Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Christmas 2015

There have been very few Christmas' that we've spent at home, one in Cayman and one in Boston, so I was very excited to have a chance to do Christmas in our new home in Lawrence. Plus Christmas is more fun with a child that can understand what is going on a bit and get excited. Cedric was excited for Christmas starting the day after Halloween, maybe before because of the decorations in Hobby Lobby. We celebrated Christmas morning at our house on Christmas Eve morning then drove down to Wichita in the afternoon. Here is shot after Santa came on Christmas Eve eve.  


Christmas Eve morning I actually got out of bed before Bob and ran downstairs to turn on the lights and put some cinnamon rolls in the oven. I went to get Cedric at 7 and Christmas started!



Santa had filled our stockings and gave us a few other gifts (I think?) but we didn't push the idea this year and I'm not sure I will. 


Clara watched Cedric open all her presents and enjoyed the tree and the wrapping paper. 




Good thing Clara is a good sport, next year will probably be a different story!



Cedric's big present from us was a motorized ATV type toy we got on Black Friday from Target. We didn't intend to get it but the deal was too sweet. Bob and Cedric went across the street to try it out while I made eggs benedict (with mimosas!) and Clara napped. It was a relaxing Christmas morning and I was happy to have time to ourselves to do it! Part of the perks of being back in Kansas, being able to have our own holiday traditions. 


So we drove down to Wichita on Christmas Eve afternoon and had a low-key dinner with my family. Then woke up to Christmas morning, again!


Cedric loved having another Christmas morning, this time at my parents house. Who doesn't love more toys and candy?


Next we headed to my grandma's house in Kingman for lunch and presents.  Here is a great shot we got of my mother and Clara in her Christmas outfit (She had three, two casual and one fancy). 




And Clara finally got to meet her Great-Grandma Mason. They are a nice pair, don't you think?



I tried to get some nice shots of Cedric and Clara before presents but someone was always making a face or moving. That's probably just the way it is going to be for a while!



And then Cedric opened more presents. The kid has too many toys. 


Then on New Year's Day we celebrated Christmas at the Podany's. More chances to wear our cute Christmas outfits and more presents!


Do I have the cutest kids in the world or what? 


Look, I was at Christmas too!


And the luckiest boy in the world got more presents. Seriously, next year is money for college and zoo memberships. 


I didn't get the kids with Bob's grandma this time but I did get some nice ones of Bob and Anne. It was a great Christmas season - I was definitely exhausted but it was nice to be in Kansas to do it all!








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin