Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Around Town

We arrived in Boston at the end of March 2012 but the first few weeks we were here are kind of a blur.  After waiting a week for our things to arrive from 3 years of storage in KC we spent a lot of time unpacking and dealing with logistics. Plus it was really cold outside (like 50-60 degrees F)!

Once things settled down we began planning fun adventures for the end of April/beginning of May and most of them included sports. 

We went to two Red Sox games on back to back weekends. 


The first weekend we bought fancy seats on the State Street Pavilion that included wait service and access to the club room. It was a wonderful way to watch my first game at Fenway Park. Here is Bob with the State Street sign, the company that made this whole move possible. Bob looks super excited about his new employer.


Great view, right? We didn't stay to the end of the game because it went into extra innings! We left after the eleventh and I think it went another three innings or so before Boston lost. I would have been fine staying but the ballpark stops selling food and drink after the seventh inning, even when the game goes long. Not good for a pregnant lady.

The second weekend we were directly across the field, near the bleachers. The tickets were cheap and the view was okay. I forgot to take pictures but we went the next weekend.


With our baseball fix sustained we felt ready to move on to other sports. The Celtics were in the NBA Playoffs and doing fairly well. We spontaneously decided to go on a Saturday and found reasonable tickets for the first game of the second round that evening.


It was my first NBA game and it was alright. As a HUGE college basketball fan I was skeptical but I found I could enjoy myself. I assume watching former KU great Paul Pierce helped with that a little. The game reminded me of a Royals game, lots of extras and crowd involvement, with a lot less serious focus on the game. I'm glad to have seen a playoff game though because the game did matter a lot more and the crowd was very excited.


We haven't only been scoping out sporting events. We also have spent some wonderful afternoons walking around town and looking for great spots to take our guests. We found this awesome rooftop bar that overlooks downtown. The harbor is to Bob's left, keeping it nice and cool in the summer.


I've been keeping active during the pregnancy and still enjoy walking around town. I usually want to walk further than Bob but only because the extra walking can take us by one of my two favorite treats - authentic Belgian waffles from Saus and Pinkberry.


Here I am at 26 weeks in May. I remember feeling like my belly was so big at this point, boy was I wrong. I am 34 weeks now and look much larger than this! I don't know that I feel that much bigger but I sure look it. I haven't taken any photos of myself recently, I'll have to get on that this week!

1 comment:

LinkWithin