Sunday, July 7, 2013

Cedric in Kansas

Cedric and I took a nice long vacation to Kansas, courtesy of my dad (thanks again!), to visit friends and family. Sadly, Bob had to stay behind because he was waiting to hear about a new job, which he got. 

I was a bit worried, flying alone with Cedric. We had a lot of luck, no delays and empty seats or rows on every flight. 


First stop was in Wichita, where I was able to see some of my high school friends with their kids. Most of the kids were too small to "play" at the playdate but we had a nice time catching up!


Cedric and Parker happened to wear matching outfits and share a love of big dogs. 


They are only about 6 weeks apart in age, both have blue eyes and blonde hair!


No trip to Wichita is complete without a visit to my grandmother's in Kingman. 


Cedric had a nice time crawling around his great-grandma's house. He was a little wary of "strangers" on the trip but if you made silly noises he calmed right down. 



I was lucky to spend Father's Day with my dad. We went to Granite City, one of our favorite Wichita stops. Cedric missed his dad but had a great day with his grandpa (note: his shirt says "if you think I can nap, you should see my grandpa". My dad really likes to nap.)


Cedric has been getting very squirrelly lately. He can squirm out of almost anyone's arms. 


On this trip Cedric developed a very funny fake laugh/smile. He would open his mouth up as wide as possible and squint his eyes. I'm not sure where it came from or where it went but he loved it for 2 weeks. The face will pop up again, trust me. 


On my way to KC we stopped in Lawrence for a quick lunch and to stretch our legs. No better place to stop then at the Hill! Monster Baby!


We didn't go any farther on to campus, we will save that for a family day!


And of course, we went to Free State. Cedric is happy - obvious by the face. 


In KC we stopped first at my friend Annie's. She has an amazing new house in Lake Quivera. Here is Cedric exploring the windows (don't worry, they are bulletproof and been recently serviced)


And making the face. He is playing with a Diet Pepsi bottle that I put a pen in. It was, by far, his favorite toy of the trip. Silly boy. 


Next we headed to the Podany household to see his other great-grandma. He loved her glasses and was wary of her cold hands. 



And he made the face at her nursing home. 


And again at Jack Stack while gnawing on a rib bone. Silly boy. I'm starting him in on the BBQ love early. Side note: he did not like the BBQ sauce but he did like Mi Ranchito's salsa. 



Cedric's Grandma Podany took him to Deanna Rose Farmstead. He was a little young to partake in the petting zoo but we had a nice time walking around. It was very hot and Cedric was teething (his top two teeth broke through later that night) but I think he enjoyed it. I can't wait to take him when he is a few years older, we will probably be there the entire day!


Cedric had a nice time walking around the Podany's with his Grandpa Podany. They spent a lot of time walking. 


Cedric and I then took the long flight home, stopping first in Minneapolis to see my good friend Katie. 


Cedric was pretty tired by this point and not in the mood for many photos. He was done looking at the camera. I did get a good one of Katie's son Weston. If you can't tell, they are wearing matching outfits. So cute!


We won't be back to Kansas until Christmas time but I hope our families make it out to Boston again soon. It was nice spending time with them and having them get to know our son. Cedric is growing so fast and was at a really fun age for this trip, I'm glad we were able to go!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the pic of the BSC babies! And I didn't realize the Katie trip was connected--you were busy! Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin