Saturday, July 20, 2013

11 Months

I'm amazed how quickly time has flown. I have an 11 month old? I'm weaning him to cow's milk? He is working on walking and talking? I'm reading articles about toddler development? Where has my little baby gone?


Though little baby Cedric is going, I'm very excited for the little man that is developing. He is growing more inquisitive in his surroundings. 



He is using a variety of toys in different ways. He really likes to push things, whether they have wheels or not. I think his birthday presents will comprise mostly of things that roll. 


Cedric is learning to climb at Gymboree and tries to apply his new knowledge at home, where we have nothing safe to climb on. 



Dropping things onto the window sills behind the couches is a fun game. He drops things and then strains to get a look at them and pick them up. He loves to dump toys out of bowls and bins and is just now getting interested in putting them back in. He loves pushing buttons, especially the ones on the computer. He loves to be upside down. Swinging, carrying or holding him upside down will put an instant smile on his face. 

He also spent an afternoon attempting to stack blocks. He hasn't worked on it since so this is the best video I have. 


He has also started waving and clapping. It took a while for him to do it on command but now he really enjoys it, especially clapping. He can even clap hard enough to make a sound now. Whenever he is proud of himself, he claps - which is basically all the time. He knows when he does something good. On a sad note, he clapped after each nursing session yesterday. Sorry buddy but that ship is sailing!


Cedric's hair is finally growing. Not much but he has a permanent curl on the back of his head now. You can really see all the hair when he gets sweaty, which is often. He is like his dad, very sensitive to the heat and easy to sweat. Lucky me. 


We've been getting out more this past month, which is good. I'm much more relaxed about his sleeping schedule. I've stopped timing his sleeps and started going with the flow. The weaning has helped, now that I can give him some regular milk and food while we are out. It is hard to change your mindset from little baby to toddler, especially when everyone says "every baby develops at their own pace". I wish there was a manuel I could follow, I love a good set of instructions :). 

Like I was saying, we've been going to town more. We went back to the aquarium on probably the stupidest day of the year. Super hot heat wave + first weekend of the grand re-opening = disaster. We are members so we walked right in but the line was over 100 people long and inside was packed. Shoulder to shoulder a lot of the time. And with all of those people, the AC just wasn't cutting it. There was condensation on a lot the tanks. I did get some cute photos of Cedric enjoying the fish. He really likes to watch fish. 





I can't believe he is almost a year, I expect big things in this next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin