Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Today was my first official Mother's Day. I say "official" because last year I was pregnant and was still treated very well, getting free desserts and special treatment when we went to the Red Sox game. Today has been a big reminder that we have been here a year.

The weekend started with a little Gymboree. We just joined this week and I think it will be good for Cedric this summer while he is learning to walk. He has been crawling and pulling up everywhere and we really need someplace he can practice! Did I mention that I have 20 sq ft of foam matting in my living room? 


Mother's Day was very special. It is a new holiday for me and I was surprised how many people I heard from and how special I felt. 

Bob did a great job, though he admits his ideas were a bit "on the fly". He let me sleep in when Cedric woke up at 5:15, took the dog out and made yummy breakfast. He then took us to the South End to The Butcher Shop to buy charcuterie for dinner. There are two kinds of chorizo, prosciutto sausage, duck liver mousse and duck rillette. So yummy!


We stopped buy Whole Foods for the accoutrements and tiramisu dessert.  

In the afternoon Bob watched Cedric while I went to the fancy Legacy Place to see The Great Gatsby 3D in the Lux Level. It was very nice and relaxing. Good old Baz made another eye dazzler. Did anyone else notice the visual parallels? The end of the movie with an exhausted Toby at the typewriter? It was very Ewan. Leo floating lifeless in the water? I digress. I was able to have a glass of champagne with my movie, which made it all the more enjoyable.  


Cedric may be small but he was a very good boy for me today. He cuddled when I wanted a sweet boy and ran around crazy for his dad while I was gone. He also smiled in all three photos we took. Such a good boy!


Tomorrow is his 9 month appointment, a few days early. I'm very excited to see how he had grown (or not grown, he seems longer but not much heavier). I'll keep you posted :)

2 comments:

  1. CUTIE. And I think I've been to that Gymboree! So fun to see them explore an area that's new to them. Glad you got some special time with Leo and Baz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you were so pampered. I love that you got to see Gatsby with champagne. I love Cedric's smile in the pic of you two. I love this post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin