Thursday, December 6, 2012

3.5 months!

It feels like a long time since I've posted about Cedric's development milestones, probably because so much has happened! We left for Kansas on his 3 month birthday and the past 2-3 weeks have been big. Firstly, on the 16th of Nov he weighed 15 lbs, 10 oz. Now? I'm think about 16 lb, 5 oz but that is just a guess. I try to measure him at home and it looks like he is at least 26 in, maybe more. Basically, a big baby! He is still in 6 month clothes but a few of the new 9 month outfits he received at Thanksgiving are fitting. My little monster :) 

Milestone 1: Baby wants to sit up. This started before our trip but was contained to when he was in our arms. Now he wants to sit up on his own, all the time. He can't quite manage it yet, he still needs pillows and guidance but he is getting close.  In the photo below he was supposed be be laying on his Boppy pillow and instead was trying to sit up. He is working on straightening out his back while sitting, but doesn't have the balance quite yet. 


Milestone 2: Baby can roll from back to belly. While in Kansas Cedric started bringing his legs up a lot and my mom commented that it looked like a roll would be coming soon. Bob's mom concurred and soon after we returned to Boston he rolled over. I'm not as excited about this one, now I feel I have to really watch him all the time. No more down to the laundry while he laying on his mat, you just don't know where he is going to go! Sometimes the positions he gets himself into do not look comfortable. 



I think the rolling over has been the root cause of Cedric's poor sleep over the past three weeks (of course the trip didn't help either). I watched him sleep the other night after he woke me up for the 4th time before 4 am and noticed he was kicking up his legs a lot and startling himself awake. So yesterday I bought this sleepsuit that is supposed to keep him from flailing so much and it really worked well! He only woke up once to eat in a 12 hour period. Let me tell you, I was about to lose it after 3 weeks of poor sleep. Right now he is napping in the suit and seems to be doing well, I think the swaddle is out for good!

Milestone 3: Baby is teething. Maybe. He wants to chew on stuff and seems happy when I put gentle pressure on his gums with my finger. He isn't cranky about it yet but I can tell he is learning how to chew on toys for relief. He isn't great about putting things in his mouth but is working on it. 

Milestone 4: Baby is grabbing. Not just grasping whatever might be around but really grabbing purposefully and pulling it closer. Again, he isn't doing it well or all the time but he is working on it. 

Cedric is also starting to find more things to be funny, like silly noises and faces. I probably look like a weirdo when we go out together. By the way, when we are out we get stopped a lot by people wanting to tell me how cute Cedric is. Tuesday we were in Trader Joe's and 6 people stopped to talk to me and make faces at the baby (he was front facing in the Bjorn). People comment he looks like a Gerber baby. Maybe I should see about talking to a modeling agent? Am I depriving the world with the cutest baby ever?

Below are some photos from last weekend. We went Christmas shopping both days and tried to get Cedric in the spirit. He was generally not amused but was festively dressed. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin