Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Happy 4th Birthday Cedric!

Here he is, our big four year old Cedric. 

The stats finally came in, though the height was a bit off thanks to a funny angled posture. I think he's really a little taller ;)

Height 41.5 in -74%
Weight 38 lbs, 8 oz - 70% 

Cedric is growing and learning so much every day. He has a great memory and is very good with numbers. He's coming along learning the alphabet, he is just starting to get an interest in reading/writing himself. 


Last Sunday we threw a little dinosaur party for a few of Cedric's friends. Having a summer birthday is hard, people are out of town and school friends are a little sparse. We decided to just have a big play date with cake and enjoy Cedric (and Clara's) big birthday presents. They were given a bounce house from Bob's parents and a play set from mine. Both have been big fun this past week and made for a fun party. I held the party in the afternoon so I wouldn't have to plan for a dinner but that would have helped give the parents something to do. Next year I may have to plan more. We will see.



I made a cake for my friend Alanna's birthday (still need to post about that visit) and Cedric liked it so much he wanted me to make his cake too. I let him make all the decisions and it turned out a little special. It may have been a little better if I had made more frosting and not let Cedric start sprinkling before I had decorated. Anyway, I title this cake "When you watch too much Great British Baking Show". PS Can you please release all the old seasons of the Bake-Off to the US? 


Cedric had 8 friends at the party, though one had to leave early after throwing up on my carpet. Thanks to the Podany's for dealing with that clean up and letting me tend to the party. Other then that, everything went smoothly and we had a great time! 


Today was Cedric's actual birthday and we opened presents and sang before Bob went to work, just in case he couldn't get home for dinner. Cedric was excited and even came in my room to wake me up for the third time in our new house (the other time I'm pretty sure he was sleepwalking and he only ever did it a few other times in Boston). The present of the day was a Jake and the Neverland Pirates Duplo set. He rarely sees the show but was happy to play this game all day. 


We sang Happy Birthday with a cinnamon roll and 4 monster candles - we may need candles at every meal now :). 


We played, went to the library and then to Freddy's for a birthday lunch with custard - his choice, of course. Cedric is wearing the special birthday shirt that didn't arrive in time for his party. Cedric LOVED his 3rd birthday "3" shirt so I knew it would be a good investment for the year. It has a T-Rex with a 4 inside and says "Cedricasauras Rex". It's cool, like his mother. 


In the afternoon we played with water and his new water gun out back. Clara loves the water so she was happy to participate!



 Cedric was a little sad, or maybe just tired, at the end of the day. Clara has been waking up early and Cedric is still a very light sleeper. He did say he was sad that he wasn't 3 anymore and I was a little sad too. Another year, an older boy and next an older girl. August will always be bittersweet for us - so much change in one month!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin