Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Fourth of July 2016

This year for Fourth of July my parents came up to Lawrence for some BBQ and fireworks. Just for future reference, when we say BBQ we mean the real stuff. Bob has a new smoker and loves to smoke whenever he can. We have a freezer full of smoked meats. 

Cedric had never done any fireworks so in the afternoon we headed to the fireworks stand. I don't know who was more excited, my dad, mom or Cedric. I took the "mom" roll and had to keep telling everyone to put the big stuff back :). 




We brought our goodies home and set them off with my uncle and aunt that live in town. It was the small classics - the tank, the chicken, the race car, a few fountains and lots of sparklers. 


I was so sure Cedric was going to be bothered by the loud noises (I always was as a child and his temperament is much like mine) but Cedric LOVED it. He wanted more and was sad when it was over. I guess fire and explosions trump noise. Clara looked a little annoyed but was fine too. Maybe mommy is just a weeny. 


 It was a fun holiday, nice to see my parents and nice to pass some traditions on to my little guy!







1 comment:

  1. Men and their smokers! My dad is obsessed, and Bob joins a bunch of other guys I know who got them this year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin