Monday, June 27, 2016

10 Months

Clara is now 10 months. In a blink she will be a year. Things are moving fast and if I don't stop to look around once in a while, I'll miss them. 


Clara is definitely understanding a lot about the world around her. She loves to laugh and has a good sense of humor. She loves silly faces and goofy Cedric games. She knows common phrases and has been repeating sounds more. I'm fairly confident she is saying "all done" but it comes out "ah duh". When I really listen to the babbles she says, they are starting to sound more similar to words and phrases I say.  She can wave and clap, though not always on command. I think she is soaking in more than I realize. She is good with routine and isn't nearly as anxious around strangers as Cedric was. She does well being left with Bob and her grandparents, which is a nice change. I think she'll be the most social of all of us! She is still a happy girl but getting more opinionated. She struggles during diaper changes and doesn't like getting dressed. I think she is just over laying down. She wants to be sitting, standing, crawling and moving. She hasn't been cruising much but is a great stander, she barely needs to hold onto anything to stand. I find her standing in the center of the room quite often now, it won't be long before she decides to walk. 


 Clara is eating well, though sometimes I worry I've been giving her too much adult food (i.e. -food with salt and sugar). She's not been as excited about the pouches lately but she did learn to feed them to herself. Once that happened I realized she needed a lot more food than I've been giving her. Some days she is hungrier than others but in general she likes to eat. She especially likes finger foods, which is hard for me because I don't want her to choke and she loves shoving it in. 


This was at Chipotle, the first self fed pouch and first black beans and rice. Now she can't stop eating them!


We've been trying to stay cool during the extra hot June. We went up to Lake Quivera and Clara had her first taste of sand. It must have been good, she kept going back for more :/ - It's hard to convince a crawling baby to stay on her beach blanket. 


We went to the outdoor wadding pool for the first time on her 10 month day. She loves her nightly baths with Cedric in Mama's tub so I knew the pool would be a hit. She loved splashing and trying to catch the water. She kept trying to crawl deeper and splash the fountains. She's a fun girl and it's going to be a fun summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin