Thursday, April 17, 2014

20 Months

Amazing we've made it to 20 months. I have to keep reminding myself to call Cedric a toddler and not a baby. 

Cedric is still a picky eater, though sometimes we find random things he likes when we are out to eat. Below he is using french fries as a means to eat ketchup and he is stuffing his face with plain white toast. 


Now that Cedric is getting older I try to give him a little more space around the house. I'll head in the kitchen to do some cleaning up while he plays in the family room. His vocabulary is quite large for his age and he can say "play", fully understanding what that means. He has a good attention span for someone so young and is pretty good at independent play . . . for a bit.  


Sometimes Cedric is very cranky, tired or sick (or I am) and we turn to the iPhone or TV. Judge away but I've learned that until you are in a situation you'll never know how you'd react. I think that Cedric's vocabulary expanded thanks to a few flashcard apps I downloaded for him. 




Cedric likes Elmo, though we never watch Sesame Street. He loves Chugginton and has recently started asking for Mickey Mouse after I taped a farm episode of the Clubhouse show. His favorite songs are still Old MacDonald, If Your Happy and You Know It, The Wheels on the Bus, and Row Row Row Your Boat. He gets VERY happy when you start singing any of them!



 Cedric loves animals, real and stuffed. He loves to walk the dog and chase birds. Any animal is fair game and is very good at naming a lot of animals. 

 

We acknowledge Cedric is getting older and so are flirting with the idea of potty training. We bought the potty and have been trying to build some excitement. Today I bought him some little undies that he proudly wore around for a bit this evening. Then he went potty IN the potty before his bath. Granted, he was standing but I put the potty in front of him and asked him if he'd like to go and he went. I'm going to call that a win. 



We've done some fun outings lately, which I need to post this weekend. Cedric moves so fast and grows up so much I'm always exhausted by the end of the day. Bob's busy season is over so things are getting a bit easier around the house. 

I'll leave you with the photo below. The jury is still out on hair color. Some days it looks a little strawberry, dirty blonde, or golden blonde. His eyes are still blue though, doesn't look like that is going to change!









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin