Saturday, February 9, 2013

Baby's First Blizzard

Last night (and into this morning) Cedric experienced his first blizzard. Winter Storm Nemo (love the name!) was our first blizzard as well, unless you count all of the Blizzards I've eaten from Dairy Queen. When I was pregnant I drove 25 min to get a cappuccino chocolate chunk Blizzard and a chicken tenders basket. I digress . . .

Here is the "before" picture I took yesterday at about 10 AM. 


The snow had just started to fall. Bob worked from home on Friday as the T was closing at 3:30 that afternoon and the Governor of Massachusetts banned all road traffic after 4 PM. I went to the grocery store on Thursday (along with everyone else in the Boston area) and we were all ready to make homemade pizzas and wait out the storm. 

Here is a look outside our door around 9 PM, the snow was probably about 6 inches high. 


Here is the "after" photo. The snow is over half way up the fence. I'm not sure how much snow we officially got but I'd guess it is 20" - 26" in our yard. 


The snow was higher than Siena's back. It came up to Bob's knees in the shallowest areas. Needless to say, Siena had a hard time deciding if she could relieve herself on this much snow.


Traffic was suspended until 4 PM Saturday, so people were walking around in the streets, assessing the snow. There really wasn't much damage to the trees, which is surprising because the winds during the storm were as high and higher than Hurricane Sandy. I guess the hurricane knocked down all of the dead trees and branches. 


We each took turns shoveling the drive. I accidentally agreed to helping with the snow removal in our lease. Whoops. 


The snow was up to my waist and higher on the drive way. Needless to say, Bob and I are both very tired and are planning to be sore tomorrow. 

We tried to do a little photo shoot with Cedric but it was too cold to stay out for very long. I did want him to see the aftermath of the blizzard, even if he had no idea what he was looking at. 






Cedric wasn't phased by the snow, I think it was too plain to get his attention. Now if it had fallen red or orange he may have noticed it, those seem to be his favorite colors right now. 


PS. Thanks for the snowsuit Mom, it has really come in handy!

All in all, the storm didn't affect us much. We don't really go anywhere anyway. We never lost power and are used to staying home all weekend. Thanks to everyone who called and texted today, I haven't felt this popular since August!

2 comments:

  1. That baby in the snow is my favorite blizzard pic yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not get over how cute Cedric is. Totally adorable.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin